(Note: If you’re looking for a 6.0.2 survival guide, check out the guide I’ve prepared at wowhead.)
While with the pre-expansion patch we won’t be able to play with the new Versatility or Multistrike stats, we definitely can go on a spree with Bonus Armor through Siege of Orgrimmar. Or a jag, if that’s more your flavor.
Keep in mind that Bonus Armor not only increases our survivability by a great deal, it also gives us attack power, which helps make it our best secondary stat. Theck has a stat weights in his 6.0.2 post and it shows just how powerful Bonus Armor is right now.
Thankfully, a bunch of items from Mists of Pandaria picked up Bonus Armor as hit/expertise and dodge/parry were given the old heave-ho from gear. And while Warlords is only a month away, there’s really nothing wrong with trying to optimize in the interregnum. As they say: smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.
To make it a little easier to dig through your bank and the corpses of future SoO kills, here’s a list of what you can grab from the current tier to procure more delicious Bonus Armor. Generally, pieces pairing Bonus Armor with Haste or Mastery will be better than those pairing it with Critical Strike. Only a few slots can even have Bonus Armor, so you want to cram it in wherever possible.
- Qian-Ying, Fortitude of Niuzao from the end of the legendary questline
- Oxhoof Bladebreaker from along the legendary questline
- Gloomwrap Greatcloak from Fallen Protectors
- Choker of the Final Word from Sha of Pride
- Blackfuse’s Blasting Cord from Siegecrafter Blackfuse
- Galakrond Control Band from Galakras
- Ring of the Iron Tomb from Dark Shaman
- Juggernaut’s Focusing Crystal from Iron Juggernaut
- Shield of Mockery from Sha of Pride
- Ancient Mogu Tower Shield from Spoils of Pandaria
Today is a good day for us packrats that save anything that drops.